Saturday, June 18, 2011

Andros Island

Oh my, I have been on some awesome adventures the past week. On Monday, we went to Andros Island and had a great time. We had to be up and ready to leave the Bible College at 6:30 a.m. to catch a 2 hour ferry to the island. The ride over had some rain, but the scenery was beautiful. Not to mention, the ferry was super nice and comfortable. That certainly is a fantastic way to travel.

Here we are getting ready to board bright and early

It was a cloudy ride over, but that didn't take away from the awesome scenery

I have loved all the old and colorful doors in Greece!

A beautiful church with BLUE on top! I love the blue!


Climbing over to this cool little island

This is the view from the little island. It was GORGEOUS!

Can you see the bridge that I had to climb over? It was an adventure!
Our view for lunch

Part of my yummy lunch. Can you see the Tzaziki sauce? It's most delicious!

Saganaki! Yum!

Swimming in the Agean Sea

Deep thoughts while talking by the sea

Sunset on the Island


So, as you can see, it was a gorgeous day on the island of Andros. The little streets and shops were so adorable. My hope is to one day go on a Mediterranean cruise and see all the Greek Islands. Most of this trip has taken place in Athens, and I LOVE that, but I so look forward to one day exploring more of Greece.
There have been many more adventures since this trip and I hope to post some more updates soon. A small group of us are going to climb Acro-Corinth tomorrow and I hear it's quite the hike. I will be wearing good shoes and lots of sunscreen. It's heating up in Greece!

No comments:

Post a Comment