Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Surgery and Such

I have not told many people that I am having surgery tomorrow July 20th, but I wanted to mention it here. It is nothing serious or cosmetic, but it is something that will be good for me. I covet your prayers for this time that the recovery would be swift and the surgery smooth. My sister Laura is coming to take me to the hospital and take care of me for the first couple of days and then Jill will take over. Actually, Jill being here is my favorite part of this whole scenario because I find it hysterical. You see, Tiffany and I both needed to have surgery so we decided that we would have it around the same time. We planned it this way so Jill could take care of us. Tiffany and I have shared a lot of life together and this is just one more thing that God has allowed us to experience together. Granted, we are not having even close to the same type of surgery, but it is still surgery all the same. I am so thankful that God has given me Tiffany as a friend and sister and roommate. Here are just a few fun memories that we have shared.

Tiffany and I are only 1 month apart so when we turned 30 we decided to have a birthday party together.

Looking super fashionable in our Singing Christmas Trees ensemble

Tiffany got to see me sing as a Slytherin

In Greece at the Temple of the Goddess of Revenge. We both thought this was hilarious!

As you can see, we have had some great times together! I just think it is so funny that we are going through this at the same time. I am a little bit nervous that the recovery will be quite painful and I have to be out of work for almost 2 weeks, but other than that I feel ready.

We are also moving at the end of August into this adorable new apartment in a more central part of town. We feel like this physical move will, in the words of Jill Jones, "re-launch us on society." I like that idea.=)

Here is a photo that I took when we first moved to Orlando. God has been so good to me and I stand on His promises. The rainbows in Florida are plentiful because of the weather, but each one is a special.






No comments:

Post a Comment