Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goin' To Greece and Stuff

OH.MY.GOSH, I'm leaving for Greece in 5 days!!

It has been FOREVER since I have put up a blog, but honestly I have been living la vida loca...(what else is new?) This season has found me working full time at American Idol, singing over at Harry Potter, teaching SINGS workshops for Disney, and singing in my friend Joshua's new community choir. It makes me tired to even type that all out. Let me catch you up on a few details.

The opportunity to go to Greece came up earlier this year when Tiffany let me know that her class goes every summer and she could bring someone. She is in graduate school at Palm Beach Atlantic studying to be a Christian Counselor. While we are there she will be taking a class the first week that will go towards her degree. We will be staying in Athens, but will have the opportunity to see some other parts of the country as well. There is so much Biblical history there and I cannot wait to see places like Corinth and possibly Patmos. This is a trip of a lifetime and I could not be more excited about it! We will be gone for 16 days and the break from routine will be SO nice. I am going to try and keep a traveling photo blog going while we are gone so check back next week for an update.

Did I mention that I'm excited??!!

I do want to give a shout out to my fabulous mom as she starts a new chapter and retires this year from teaching. I was not able to be there for her party, but I wanted her to know that I was with her in spirit. She is so great with the kids and I know her students and fellow teachers are going to miss her very much. Congratulations, mom on making a difference in so many young lives.

I also wanted to give a shout out to my little brother who isn't so little anymore. He is graduating from Rush University Medical Center in Chicago in less than 2 weeks with his masters degree in health systems management. I so wanted to be there when he graduated, but I will be in Greece at that time. He also has already started a job as the operations manager for the section of vascular surgery at the University of Chicago. Here is a pic of my cute brother.

I am so proud of you Eric! I love that you are my brother.

Also, I could not leave you without showing off my beautiful nieces. They are growing so fast and are so much fun to be around! Now they are both walking....


Again, I will be trying to keep pictures and updates of my travels here over the next 2 weeks.
I covet your prayers for Tiffany and I over the next few weeks. Oh, and by the way, we are going to be moving across town at the end of August. We wouldn't mind some prayers for that as well. At least life is NEVER dull around here. :)

Here's to living life to the fullest!



No comments:

Post a Comment