Saturday, July 4, 2009

Home Sweet New Home

Hello Everyone!

I know it has been a while since my last blog, but things have been crazy with trying to uproot my life from Atlanta to Orlando.  We left Atlanta on June 27th and made it to Tifton, GA for the night.  I was driving the U-Haul and let me just tell you, what an experience that was!  It takes a lot more work to drive one of those than a car.  I had no CD player so I was alone with my thoughts a lot...thoughts like , "what am I doing?, why am I moving from my good and safe life, will I find a job??"... and many other thoughts that I will keep to myself. =)  I did, however, sense the peace that God has been giving me since I decided to make this move.  I want to give a shout out to the many wonderful people who helped us move.  I LOVE you all and cannot thank you enough for all your help and support!  Here is some of the fearless crew below.

Some adopted dads who always come and help when they hear the call...

Jack, David, Jo, Jill, Tiffany, and me...

Adding the Sanders girls.....



Me and my dear friend Joanna (to be said in a song-like way). Don't let our smiles fool you... we were NOT happy to say "see you soon."

So, we woke up on June 28th and headed the rest of the way to Orlando.  Here are some pics of us when we crossed the state line.  I love that we are in the Sunshine State!


When we arrived we were greeted by some dear friends Jenn and Will Korver and a couple of their guy friends to help us move. Michelle and Andie Sanders also drove down Sunday morning and stayed until Thursday morning.  I do NOT know what I would have done without them!! My sister Laura and her husband Luke (who are expecting their first baby in March!) were also there to help. They live in Palm Coast and came down to carry boxes and more.  Luke worked so hard and I am most excited to get to know him better now that I live closer to them.  
We have been here almost a week and it as taken that long to just get all moved in.  We still have a few boxes on the floor and mirrors to hang, but all in all we have a roof over our heads, beds to sleep in, and of course, wireless internet!  This next week will be changing our license and tags and finding a job...yes, a job would be good.  I pray that God will show us where to go and what we are to do during this time.  I am so grateful to have a sister-friend in Tiffany to share this adventure with.  We will keep you posted as we go.  There has already been much laughter.  Below is a picture of our new place.......well, it's actually the building across the lake, but ours looks identical. Did I mention we have an awesome view of the Disney fireworks from our balcony!? Thanks God for the little things....


Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it down there safely! I am so excited for you and Tiffany as you start this new adventure in your life. God has great plans for y'all, I just know it. He will continue to bless you, His beautiful faithful servants! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the world of blogging. :) Glad to hear you're settling in some and I know the rest will fall into place. I miss you both and will be planning my next trip down soon. But I will be flying.....Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jill's choice of words..."fall into place" haahaa! I am very surprised you don't have any firework pictures up yet. :) I am glad to hear that you ladies are getting settled in your new HOME. We miss you a ton here but life will go on. Love you sista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dearest Nikki,
    I miss you and love you.
    You're going to adjust well down there. I just know it.
    Always remember how capable you are!
    You're going to fit right in, easily make new friends, and point all the sunny Floridians straight to Him through your beautiful, radiant smile.

    I love you and I'm here for you.
    We really need to talk once you get more settled.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete